Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sweet and sour sauce with boiled pork.

 
I have been cooking pork, stew, braise, steam but today I going to prepare boil pork with sauce.  This is a very simple way of cooking.  I found this  recipe from a blog that I just happen browse through. I did some modification by using red chili instead of small hot chili because my whole family can't take the hotness of the small chili.

The ingredients are,

300 grams of pork tenderloin,
Some cherry tomatoes, for garnishing,
2 tbsp. chopped garlic,
5 -10 small chili, I used big red chili, chopped,
1 tbsp. chopped coriander/ basil leaves,
1 tbsp. sugar,
1 tbsp. light soy sauce,
2 tbsp. fish sauce,
3-5 tbsp. lime juice(kasturi)
1 tsp. salt,
1/2 tsp. pepper,
1 tsp. oil.


Wash and slice the pork into thin slices.  Season the pork slices with salt, pepper and oil for 10 to f20 minutes..


Meanwhile, combine chopped garlics, chili, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and the lime juice in a small bowl.  Taste to your own liking, some may like a bit sour and some may prefer a bit more sugar.  Se t the sauce aside.







Bring some water to boil in a sauce pan.  Put in the pork slices to boil until just cook, about 4 minutes. Drain and place the cooked pork on a serving plate decorate with halved cherry tomatoes.  Pour the well mixed sauce over the meat.  Garnish chopped coriander leaves.  Hey...my sweet and sour sauce pork is ready.  Serve with rice or also very appetizing to go with boiled noodle as well.
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment